Fever after MMR how long generally does the fever last?

My son had the MMR injection and 10 days later he got low fever, it is now 101 and I am trying to find out generally how long the fevers last. He seems to be responding to the Motrin (Dr told me only if fever reached 101 to give him Motrin)
I gave it to him last night & again 2AM this morning -he has been without fever so far but wondering if it will return. Thanks

yenko

Asked by yenko at 1:34 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It shouldn't last more than 72 hours. Continue the Motrin until he has gone 24 hours without it coming back with the meds. you can also give him tylenol every 4 hours as well if the fever gets worse. I say within 72 hours it should go away if not call them back.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:43 PM on May. 10, 2009

• About 24 hours...a least that is how long my son took to recupe.
    Ash3807

Answer by Ash3807 at 4:41 PM on May. 10, 2009

• about 2 days, if longer than 3 just check in with your doc so he/she can keep an eye out. 101 really isn't that bad. I'm sure your little one will be fine soon, unless he is just getting sick.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 11:36 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Thank you ladies for the advice, I appreciate it. My little one is doing much better and the fever did last for about 72hours.
    yenko

Answer by yenko at 8:29 PM on May. 12, 2009