As a Christian mother

As a Christian mother what is the most important message you want your children to remember when they become adults?

mommiejay453

Asked by mommiejay453 at 1:49 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Treat others as you would want to be treated. Always be generous and kind, even tho other may not be the same to you.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 1:52 PM on May. 10, 2009

• That regardless of differences in opinion, belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexuality, etc, we are to be loving, compassionate, and respectful to everyone.
    As God loves unconditionally, we, too, should love unconditionally, selflessly, completely.
    It is our job to be servants of, not just God, but all mankind, and to do so we must love them and respect them.
    Things like humility, compassion, and love cannot be stressed enough, and I wish to have my child/ren understand exactly what it means to be and exhibit these qualities.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:16 PM on May. 10, 2009

• The Bible tells us to love God with all your heart, soul and mind and then to love your neighbor as you love yourself. If we did these two things can you imagine the problem that would just cease to exist? grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 3:25 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I agree grannywilson!
    If we could live love like we're supposed to so many of the problems would just disappear!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:47 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm with Dragonfly7271- the Golden Rule covers it all imo

Answer by admckenzie at 6:02 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I would say just to follow God's word and do what you feel in your heart is the right thing to do. Treat everyone with fairness, equality, and respect.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:04 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Love the Lord with all of your heart.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:10 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Treat others with respect, empathy. Treat others like you would want to be treated. Be helpful and kind to others, Do not judge others based on race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. Respect and embrace others differences.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:43 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I am with deedee.. I want mine to remember to love the Lord cause He first loved us. If we love Him and stick with Him.. we need nothing else .. many blessings
    luvsfrogs

Answer by luvsfrogs at 11:51 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your mind,with all your soul,and with all your strength. Love others as He loves you. Let God show through your life,so others can see who He really is.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 2:36 PM on May. 11, 2009