• In the Spotlight:

Sweetie, honey

I meet this guy through a friend, I know he likes me I can just tell anyways he meet me last night for a few drinks and he was putting his arm around me now and then throughout the night. He also kept saying, sweetie, honey etc. Last night was the first night I hung out with him. Isn't it to soon to be calling me those sweet names? He also asked me on the phone yesterday were we stood and I said i do my thing, you do yours and we can hang out and go from there. What do you think about what I said?

Lisa_Lynn

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 1:52 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds good to me, just let him know when his words make you uncomfortable. I know that would kinda make me take a step back. Unless he is one of those guys that call every woman pet names, if that is the case, then I really hate that!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 1:55 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I met a handsome man while shopping at Target. We struck up a conversation and he asked for my number. He called me a few days later. Called me "babe". Freaked me out a little so I lied by telling him that I had a boyfriend.

That was the end of it.
    Anonymous

• You are right in what you said until you decide you want more or less. As for calling you the names, are you sure he remembered your real name? If you don't like it then kindly tell him you prefer being called Lisa as you don't know him like that. He might just be a sweet guy or he thinks he is going to get lucky with those names.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:56 PM on May. 10, 2009

• sounds good sweetie, honey. LOL I'd be educating him on that name calling crap though. If he doesn't know my name he should ask and then use it. I always feel like I'm just another woman when they do that and can't remember which one I am. ...and don't get me started on "babe".

Answer by admckenzie at 1:57 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Braiylnsmama08, Well the names didn't get him lucky and he was a true gentleman all night. Even when we came home to crash. I don't find him super cute but he got a nice body maybe thats why I get the shitty ass guys cause of the looks. Maybe he will be the one. LOL
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 1:58 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I don't like to be called those names either... makes me think that they do it because they can't remember your name or are afraid they'll accidently call you by the wrong name... and I'd tell him that so he'd stop if you don't like it (I don't)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:18 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Just be careful and if you feel uncomfertable then i would just let him know. Good luck i really hope you fine happiness. I really do mean that. :)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:26 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Thanks raemommy.
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 2:32 PM on May. 10, 2009

• maybe he just really sucks at remembering names?
    maybe he calls all women sweety and honey without thinking about it?
    maybe he's a creepy serial killer who sucks in his prey with the pet names? (scarcastic)
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 2:52 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Maybe he's a player and doesn't want to bother learning women's names.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:03 PM on May. 10, 2009