does this make sense to you?

What if religion is just a way of controling a mass amount of people?
think about it....
Why are their so many different religions across the world?
Does it make sense to you?

kristajoy

Asked by kristajoy at 1:53 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Man-made religion.
    Anonymous

• No it doesn't make sense, that's why I don't believe in organized religion.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:05 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Of course man made religion. And of course humans are using it to controll other ppl. that makes perfect sense to me.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:09 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I think that many religions have origins in the natural environment from which they came. Like native americans were pretty closely tied with the animals they relied on to live, and the africans. And then the more harsh landscapes that had severe weather and natural disasters had religions which had fierce gods. I think you're right, though, somewhere along the way religion quit really being about what people believed in and became move of a tool for controlling people.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 2:16 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Yes, SOME religions are made to control and some aren't. That totally depends on the religion.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 2:19 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I meant to say it does make sense, sorry really sick right now and my head is fuzzy.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:21 PM on May. 10, 2009

• No it doesn't make sense. I don't believe in organized religion. There are so many religions and "bibles" how can they all be right. What makes one better than another? I just believe in being a good person.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 2:25 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Apparently I'm a little fuzzy too, lol. I meant religion doesn't make sense.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 2:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Karl Marx said that 'religion is the opiate of the masses.' I do think that organized religion can potentially be a tool of control... part of the reason why we should separate church and state. When we have a theocracy with only one sanctioned religion that everyone must follow, we are definitely getting into religion as a tool of control.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:31 PM on May. 10, 2009

• hmm never thought of it that way. but it does seem to make sense....now you have my brain working and I don't want it to work today! LOL
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 2:50 PM on May. 10, 2009