I feel so naive and clueless!

So yesterday I gave myself a manicure. My pinky nails looked so nice and long and straight I hated to cut them--so I didn't. Last night at the BBQ my 33 year old daughter pulls me over to the side and said to go cut my pinky nails. I asked her why. She said that it was one sign of a coke user, they use the pinky nail to scoop up cocaine to snort it. KK I never knew this, although admittedly I don't hang out with known drug users. Have you heard of this or am I just old and out of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have heard of it, now you know what to look for if you think someone does coke. I am only eighteen but my mom is 46 so I have to tell her stuff too she doesnt know about a lot of stuff like that either but that doesnt make her dumb she is very smart :) Some things are best unknown
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 4:57 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Well, I'm old (LOL) and I've heard of it.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 2:17 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I've heard it, but if you like your nails long who cares? I don't think most people would see you and think "coke user."
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 2:17 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Wow, that's strange. I have many drug abusing friends and I never knew that. You learn something new every day!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:20 PM on May. 10, 2009

• The coke users are obvious because all or thier other nails EXCEPT for their pinky nails are cut down to the nub.

Thier pinky nails are left long so they can do exactly what your daughter said, but realize thier other nails are cut ALL the way down so they won't get anything under any fingernails but thier pinky nails.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 2:28 PM on May. 10, 2009

• LOL Thats usually when they have all short nails and only the pinky nail is long
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:41 PM on May. 10, 2009

• lol yep.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 2:43 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Sure did know that, but the new drug users have "bullets" that let them snort a line without using fingers...just tote it around in their pockets.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:22 PM on May. 10, 2009

• yup, I'm old and don't use drugs but even I knew that

Answer by admckenzie at 3:43 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I honestly didn't know that either. Most of the people I know who use that stuff use a hollowed out ink pen to do it. I guess you learn something new everyday.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:57 PM on May. 10, 2009