How do you deal with being afraid of another miscarriage?

I am currently going through my first miscarriage after having 2 full term uneventful pregnancies. I am terrified of another miscarriage. How do you get over the fear and try again? I'm the kind that will heal faster by being pregnant, not by waiting, but I'm still afraid. Any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I've had a few miscarriages over the years, 2 before I actually had any babies and then I had a couple of miscarriages between my first and second child - with my second child I know I drove my Dr nuts - but I had him send me to the lab for blood work once a week for the first 12 weeks to test the pregnancy hormone levels in my blood to ensure that they were getting higher rather than lower. That was the only thing that gave me peace of mind - knowing that I will have an answer every week to reassure me.

Do you take maternity vitamins? I found that when I took Materna and folic acid, those were the pregnancies that I didn't miscarry.
    Avonlady42

Answer by Avonlady42 at 2:54 PM on May. 10, 2009

• good luck. i had a miscarriage 6 yrs ago and i still worry about if i'm gonna misscarry when i get pregnant again.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:46 PM on May. 10, 2009

• you just have to try not to think negatively. i had 2 miscarriages before i had my first child, and when i found out i was preg again i freaked out. told my husband we weren't discussing it and no one else was to know until i made it past the first trimester b/c i wasn't doing it again. then i ended up doing basically the same thing avonlady did, i made them check my blood all the time, asked for an ultrasound at every apointment to make sure there was a hearbeat. i think each person has to find their own way, but just try not to be negative and think too many what ifs, that just stresses you out
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:57 PM on May. 10, 2009

• YOU NEED TO READ A BOOK CALLED SUPER NATURAL CHILDBIRTH..... IF YOU HAVE FEAR AND EXPECT THE WORSE U MAY JUST GET IT I HAD 4 M/C AND READ THIS BOOK NOW IN TIME WHEN IM READY I KNOW ITS GOING TO BE OK I HAVE NO DOUBT MY GOD IS GOING TO BLESS ME, GOD DONT INTEND ON M/C HE SAYS THY SHALL NOT BARE THEY FRUIT BEFORE THY TIME. FEAR IS TO THE DEVIL WHAT FAITH IS TO GOD GOOD LUCK..
    NAVAEH2

Answer by NAVAEH2 at 5:04 PM on May. 10, 2009