(For all Pagans) What Deity called you?

What deity called you on your path?

Do you follow this deity's path(Isis,Dana,Hecate,Morgan, ect.) to the best of your ability?

Do you feel your deity with you at all times - or have you ever felt as though your deity has abandoned you at times while on their path?

witch_e_woman

Asked by witch_e_woman at 3:14 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am Celtic Reconstructionist. I try to follow the general pantheon, but my patron goddess is the Morrigan. I have never felt abandoned, although I have felt tested at times. I try to do my best to follow the path before me.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 3:48 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I never call to a specific pantheon.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:18 PM on May. 10, 2009

• What deity called you on your path?
    I have always felt a special connection to my namesake, Dionysus, & consider him my patron god, but I never really felt "called" to my path.

I always remember my patron god in my rituals, etc. & am often inspired by the ancient rituals surrounding him, but I don't feel compelled to stick to one culture's path, let alone one god's.

I always feel the energy of Dionysus around me, but I don't expect anything from any of the various deities I work with, & I don't really think of them in those terms, so I don't think I could ever feel abandoned.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:21 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I guess since I don't think of gods in human terms, those things (feeling called, feeling abandoned, feeling I have to please them) don't exactly apply to my practice.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:22 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I don't have one. During a blot I will have a round for Odin, a round for Frigga, and one for Freya. If I'm feeling especially sentimental about my dad I'll throw in Baldr. I connect with each for different reasons.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:14 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I am a soldier, and Athena is my patron goddess, alI though I am looking for the Goddess in a mother form as well right now.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 10:06 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm ecclectic, I don't fit in to any one path. This includes my deities... But I tend to be most attracted to those in the Celtic and Egyptian religions. Isis and Morgaina most of all... I also have a high attraction to Diana.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:17 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I don't follow one specific path but I am drawn to Hecate as well as Diana.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:38 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Ive been using general terms because until recently I wasnt drawn or felt called to a particular pantheon.

Now Im very drawn to Lakshmi of the Hindu pantheon. Im studying Hinduism because I want to understand it better and show my respect and also to learn why Im drawn to it, in particular her.

Since Im still learning about this particular path Im still very eclectic in my doings but what I do do I do to the best of my ability. I never do less than that with anything I do.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:37 AM on May. 11, 2009

• So far I haven't felt drawn to any particular deities, but I feel a strong urge to find out more about the Celtic deities (I've got Irish and Scot-Irish roots, so maybe it's because of that) and the Egyptian deities. Not sure why I feel drawn to the Egyptians, I guess it's because I've always been so interested in Egyptian culture.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:17 AM on May. 11, 2009