are you having a good mother's day? I am not, my husband doesn't care, I have two little boys. so it is up to him to make me feel "special" today.

I just want to cry, I think I am a good mother, good wife, I take good care of the house, and I want some recognition.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• The day still is not over. perhaps he is waiting for later tonight.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:19 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I bet you are a great Mommy! Just know your boys appreciate all your energy and love you give to them!! Sometimes guys are not as sentimental as us ladies! Happy Mother's Day and hug those boys and one day they will thank you!!!
    Anonymous

• Every mother's day until this year has been like that for me (our oldest is 14). This year I announced exactly what I wanted everyone to do and exactly what I would do (as little as possible - still in my pj's at 3 in the afternoon). So far, so good, except I asked dh to help our 7 yo daughter make breakfast and he didn't want to get off the internet. So I let the sausage burn. Hope he liked it hehehe.
    Otherwise, our babysitter and the kids cleaned the house, the babysitter made dinner AND my cake, and just ran to the store to get me pop (I'm having a craving). DH is sleeping but he works tonight so I'll let that slide. oh and the babysitter and my daughter went out and picked me lilac (favorite flower, wish it would bloom for more than 2 weeks a year!). The sad part is my babysitter is a 24 year old guy who does more for me and the kids then dh does.... wonder how he feels about marrying an older broad :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 3:21 PM on May. 10, 2009

• It's not Wife's Day, it's Mother's Day. Have fun with your kids. When they grow up they will give you what you need. For now, yes give yourself what you need. That's what makes women smarter than men and moms rule! Buy yourself something great (dinner, shoes, whatever) and charge it to dad anyway! It's all good.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:25 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm pregnant and my mom told me I dont count as a mom. And my baby father hasnt contacted me at all today. I feel your pain.
    T.Mod

Answer by T.Mod at 3:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• T.Mod: It's uncouth to celebrate Mother's Day when you are still pregnant (and not a Mother already). It's considered "bad luck" as well.
    Anonymous

• well dont feel bad my bf the father of my son and baby on the way !! told me i was not his mother that when the kids are older and tell them they wanna get me somethign then he will but not till then but he did do somethign special fro his mom.. so .........
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 3:35 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I agree that it's not wife's day, it is mother's day. The father of your children should show his appreciation for you too. Because let's face it without mom's there'd be no kids for daddy! I'm sorry your DH has dropped the ball, mine has too. Mine isn't even home and I have no idea where he is. I do know that when he come's home he'll be hung over and in his I don't give a shit mood. So my hurt feelings will be ignored unless I make him aware of them which will most likely start a fight.
    I appreciate that you are a wonderful mother to your boys. Keep doing your best and when they are older you'll have to tell them how they can make you feel special and appreciated, clearly dad isn't going to do it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:36 PM on May. 10, 2009

• This is just one day. Your husband should acknowledge and appreciate you everyday, not just on Hallmark holidays. More importantly, you have to love and appreciate yourself or else you can't expect anyone else to.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:40 PM on May. 10, 2009

• no, it's up to you to find your own happiness and it sounds like you are not happy in general. Blaming others and obligating them to make you happy is wrong. Find your happiness within.
    Anonymous