Okay, so should I be mad???

So, my MIL and I hate each other...can't stand one another and for Mother's Day her gift to me is coupons for Destin, Pampers and ect....

She is so spiteful...She did send me a nice card but wrote "Happy 1st Mother's Day, here is your present from Chloe, hope you like it." And it's two coupons...she's such a *******************!

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 3:19 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• rolling on floorJust laugh at her.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:21 PM on May. 10, 2009

• your kidding right? I would have welcomed coupons for things that I need for my baby. Getting them the cheaper the better. Why do you hate your MIL so much? The hate as got to stop somewhere and maybe you should be the bigger person and show her that. cuz when she still is mean, accroding to you.. She will be the ass and not both of you. GL!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:22 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Atleast you got a card! MIL's can be you know whats?! Take it for what it's worth...You got a card from her...Happy Mother's day!!
    Anonymous

• You are not her mother, why were you expecting anything?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:27 PM on May. 10, 2009

• That kind of stinks. Sound's like something my FIL would do if he were to ever acknowledge me as the mother of his grandkids.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:28 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Why do I hate her so much? She's just an ass. Constantly starting things such as above. I try not to say anything to her, because I was raised ALWAYS to respect your elders. However, sometimes she pushes the limits with me.
    One her son is an only child and now he's married to me. Two, she can't stand the fact the way we raise our daughter, she wants to tell us how to do it. I'm a pretty tolerate person, but I won't let anyone run over top of me.
    My DH has spoke to her, and nothing...he says ignore it and I do. But, she's 70 years old. Yes, 70!
    The other day I was talking about my job and she mentioned something about my insurance (granted it's not the best insurance BUT my company pays for it and the deductible, so I'm not out any money)...she said "I think you need a psychologist", I ask "why". She said "Well, you never want to go out and all you do is sit at home with RJ (my DH) and Chloe (my DD).
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• rkoloms,I agree.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 3:39 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Being mad will only hurt you. When you say you hate someone that takes a toll of your mind and body. Accept the card with humor. Thank her from your daughter for the coupons. You are not her mom. She may not have sent them with any malice at all. As for the other comments just answer politely and go on. She is your husband's mother and always will be. She is old. Give her a little slack. Make the effort to be loving and the situation might change. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 3:42 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything from her.
    But, I just think it's so mean to do that...maybe I'm just looking into way to much. But, this woman is very spiteful and personally I think she done it to just try to make me miserable on Mother's Day.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:44 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My MIL and I had our differences, one year at christmas she ticked me off big time, so whenever she was in a room I made sure I was in a different one, and when she started a conversation I changed the subject (when I HAD to be in the same room with her, i.e. eating dinner), she soon got the hint and never treated me badly again, we weren't close but things did change.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 3:46 PM on May. 10, 2009