My 3 year had blood in her stool, has anyone experienced this?

Her stool is not runny or hard, it has good form. The blood looks purplish, slimy, or pink mucus. She is not constipated. She is in good spirits, and does not miss a beat for a 3 year old. This is a mystery to me. Has anyone's child had juvenille diabetes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Health

• my son has diabetes but that has nothing to do with blood in the stool. are you sure it is blood. sometimes food dye can cause odd colorings. if it is blood the stool should have a coppery smell. If reviewing her diet dosen't help you figure it out then take her to the doctor.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:10 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Thank you all so much. After reviewing her diet, and taking her to the Gastroenterologist, the scary stuff in her stool was strawberries, and she tested positive for blood in the stool (minor) because she might have slight irritation from eating popcorn, sesame seeds, hard cornchips and hard granola bars. I feel relieved. Thank you all for your response. I hope this will help someone else. Hard foods can scrach a toddlers colon if it is not properly digested in the mouth.
    hotmom777

Answer by hotmom777 at 12:01 AM on May. 15, 2009