how should I handle this...

My parents are divorced. After leaving an abusive relationship I moved in with my dad when my daughter was 1 she's going to be 5 in october. I know he enjoys having us around and I don't mind helping him out he has alot of property to take care of and two houses he's not sick very healthy and fine financially I want to move he makes my daughter think we are abandoning him anytime it's brought up. I think he's being selfish I want to have my own life I feel like he's turning my daughter against me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I say move ..Don't worry about what your Dad thinks. Your DD is only 5 years old..She is to young to really understand why your moving out of her grandpas house.
    I would just tell her we are getting our own plase,,,and we can not live with grandpa forever. Simple as that.

Answer by louise2 at 4:10 PM on May. 10, 2009

• maybe he doesnt know how to handle you wanting to move, so he's making you feel guilty. if you feel moving is whats best, then keep looking for places and tell him you love him, always will, will always visit, but it's time to be on your own, and it's nothing against him!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:06 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Could you move into one of his houses and only use that one, and he live in one of his houses and only use that one? You could pay him rent & pay your utilities. He might not feel so abandoned & you could have your life back.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 4:08 PM on May. 10, 2009

• It's very hard for a father to let go of there daughter. My father and i are very close besides my SO he is my best friend. Just explain to him that you are grown and you love him but the time has come that you need to get on with your life and you and your daughter need to have your own space and allow you relationship to grow.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:11 PM on May. 10, 2009