• In the Spotlight:

What did you do for yourself today?

I'm a single mom. My mom passed away 2 years ago, and I have no family near me.... so its up to me to make Mother's day special (though my ten year old did draw me a beautiful picture and made me a card that I love)

For me....
we went to church.
stopped at a guy selling plants on the side of the road and bought a trumpet bush and another tomatoe plant (I've bought from him before, his plants are good)
I dropped off flowers to my friend
Then we went to Long horn's Steak house.
Now I'm chillin at the house.

Just me and my three... it has been a great day!!

What did you do to make you happy today?

VeronicaLee

Asked by VeronicaLee at 4:06 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nothing special. had a nice breakfast then we all went to walmart to go grocery shopping. on the way there I said "by the way today is mothers day!" he admitted he forgot. anyways when there he was looking at shorts and I tried on some jeans. I found a nice fitting pair I liked and he considered them his mothers day present LOL. it wouldnt have been different any other day, but I still considered them his "gift" to make him feel better! even better, they are a size smaller than what I usually wear...I'm finally losing weight!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:09 PM on May. 10, 2009

• That sounds like an awesome day! Good for you.
    We don't celebrate much for this or Father's day but I took a stroll with my boys (husband too), picked up bagels, had a latte and treated myself to a fancy donut. Tomorrow I'll have to run my butt off but it's worth it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:18 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Nothing :( I have a boring life. I just played with my daughter. I never do anything any more
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 4:53 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I put on makeup for the first time since my son was born. lol
    SO was going to take me to the Mud Drags tonight, but we changed our minds, we aren't sure how our 6 month old will take it.
    so we're probably just gonna stay home and relax.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 5:28 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I went to a celebration yesterday, today it is raining, I had my traditional funnel cake and sat and listened to some music before I came home.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 7:12 PM on May. 10, 2009