Do your kids ride the school bus?

**** and what age did they start riding it***

MyMikaela

Asked by MyMikaela at 4:07 PM on May. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No, I am afraid, I drive them but they are 1st grade and K.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:12 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My daughter walked to school (about 1.5 blocks) until 7th grade. She is in a 6 year high school program that has school buses for 7th and 8th grade; she will take public transit for high school. For what I have heard from other parents, the "education" on the school bus is fairly intense.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My kids started riding the school bus at 5 when they started riding the bus to school.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 7:09 PM on May. 10, 2009

• yes and both were 4
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 8:18 PM on May. 10, 2009

• yes, in first grade for sure, but i think SD did in kindergarten as well. i will be driving her for the rest of the school year because of a girl on her bus, but her and her brother will be riding next year unless the issue from this year is still a problem next year. then i will transport to and from - or daddy will.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:58 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Nope. We walk. The school is only about 3 blocks away. But we lived somewhere else when my oldest started school and she took the school bus there. She went to that school for kindergarten and 1st grade and road the bus every day. I miss having the bus, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:36 AM on May. 11, 2009

• My daughter is too young to ride the bus [or go to school for that matter] but i didnt start riding the bus until I was 16. lol. but only when I felt like getting up; otherwise my mommy would drive me. lol.

I know kind of pathetic. haha
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 2:58 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes my kids ride the bus my kids are 4 years old and 5 years old. They love to ride the bus.
    Laurakenny10

Answer by Laurakenny10 at 3:00 AM on May. 11, 2009

• The only time my kids have ever been on a school bus is for in-town field trips. If it has to go on the highway, I volunteer for the trip and drive my kid there. OK, I am WAY overprotective, but I am trying to get better. Oh yeah, they're K and 3rd.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 3:16 AM on May. 11, 2009

• My dd has been riding the bus since 1st grade and is now in 3rd.. She has always done great but she has also always been more mature then other kids her age.

Mazie0723

Answer by Mazie0723 at 7:35 AM on May. 11, 2009