Can you take prescription allergy medicne while pregnant?

There is a possiblilty that I may be pregnant, and I am on 2 daily prescriptions for allergies (veramist & clarinex) but I have not taken them for over a week, because if I am pregnant I don't want to take them in case they could hurt the baby, but my allergies are so awful today that I really need to take it if I can. It's too soon for me to take a home pregnancy test, so I was wondering if any of you know if its ok to take my medicne still while you are pregnant? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You should be able to call your pharmacist and they should be able to tell you!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:10 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I took claritin while I was pregnant, my OB gave it to me. I would just ask to make sure.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 5:02 PM on May. 10, 2009

• i was taking claritin d before i discovered i was pregnant. once i found out i stopped because i felt more comfortable not being on any meds, especially the D 24 hour one, becasue of the ingredients.
    you should research it, see what it says about taking it while pregnant. but i think it is "ok". also talk to your dr. they will tell you what you cant or can take. and then its up to you.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 4:58 PM on May. 11, 2009