How do I get a family??

Okay weird question I know, back home I have a big familie, but since they are a 12-14 hour plane ride I hardly every see them maybe once ever 3 years anyways I have 2 great children, and I want them to have the sorta family lifestyle I had growing up, anyways so were do I get a grandma and grandpa for my kids???? I dont know I mean for christmas it was me and the kids, and we didnt do anything.. new years I worked, even their birthdays we didnt do anything I would love a big family but was born in to one, so what do I do now.. im in my 20s with two small children really dont know anyone or have any family.. yeah holidays and birthdays are sorta sad and lonely but even the rest of the year I could use a loaner family..
anyone got any ideas?? I live in washington state

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• what about the daddy? is he in the picture? do you know his family? my family is very far awa too. SO's family is 30 minutes away but they never call, never stop by, we see them on holidays, or birthdays 9if they have a party). we saw them yesterday for a nephews party and we had a wonderfultime. looks like I have to make the effort to keep in touch with them, but maybe it'll get them to thinking they should call us more often too
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:12 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Go back home and live..If you want to be close to family..

Answer by louise2 at 4:13 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Why don't you re locate to be near your family. That would solve all the issues of feeling lonely. No one could ever take the place of my family. Where is the daddy to your children? What is keeping you in washington? Go home to your family they would be happy to see you, unless theres issues there as well. Happy Mothers Day.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:16 PM on May. 10, 2009

• he isnt around that often and his family isnt either..

to louise2, Trust me I would If I could, but now even back home I dont have family, my family has moved all over the world now.. its not really for me but my kids, my grandparents were the best thing I had growing up, and I wanted my kids to have that..
    Anonymous

• contact a senior citizens group. They have lonely folks who would love to have a family.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:22 PM on May. 10, 2009

• You need to build a new family. We have a very small family, and have a wonderful network of friends: these are people we share holidays with, trade child care, laugh and cry with. You can meet people at a synagogue, mosque or church; at your child's school, where you work, on your block, etc. If you have older neighbors, you can "adopt" them as grandparents for your kids.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:23 PM on May. 10, 2009

• church
    thats where my "fam" is from
    my bio family is a 12 hr drive away
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:35 PM on May. 10, 2009

• How about adopting some people from an old folks home? and maybe adopt some homeless people and the homeless shelter? Alot of those people don't have families , for what ever reason.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 7:08 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Go to a retirement home and ask the director which of the residents don't have family around. Ask if it would be okay if you "adopt" them for your kids! My father spent the last 1.5 years of his life in a retirement home due to being a vegetable (long story) and whenever my uncle would come with his kids to visit my sister and I would take his younger kids to go visit some of the residents that we knew didn't have family around and they LOVED it. There are so many families that are in the same situation with their extended families scattered around the country so try to find some older neighbors who don't get to see their own grand kids often and visit with them. This probably won't help at the holidays since this is when the blood family usually shows up, but it would brighten their days and give your kids their "grandparents".
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:14 PM on May. 10, 2009

• adopt a grandparent programs see if they have them in your town.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 8:17 PM on May. 10, 2009