To Christians: What did you think of The Da Vinci Code? (book and/or film)

Watching it right now and just wondering what some christians (of all types: pagans, catholics etc) think of the film and what is being suggested.

yes yes, its fiction i know. BUT...what if this was considered as a possible theory?

(Some do consider this much more believable then what is written in the bible)

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 4:24 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• im not christian but yes i do believe it how do you know it's not true the bible was writing by romans right how do you know jesus never got married or had kids it makes you think i really does
    Anonymous

• wondering what some christians (of all types: pagans, catholics etc)
    What????

I enjoyed the movie & can't wait to see Angels & Demons, as I enjoyed that book too. As for the theories behind it, they are interesting. It seems to me probable that Jesus the person was married, but the idea of his bloodline being followed & protected for centuries without anyone spilling, seems unlikely. Mythologically speaking, it is interesting to consider the impact if that became the accepted story.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:31 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Oh, my answer....I agree with you anon.

There really are just so many holes in the bible and the stories.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 4:31 PM on May. 10, 2009

• There are missing books but i however do not beleive in this theory. From day one Jesus knew his mission and knew he would have to die for us. That being said, I do not beleive he got married or had children becuase it would have been irresponsible of him.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 4:51 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Loved the books, loved the movies, can't wait to see Angels and Demons. I actually do believe that Jesus may have been married to Mary, since he was a man after all.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 5:06 PM on May. 10, 2009

• haha...i like your logic dragonfly
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 5:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• The hoax of the Priori of Sion was believed. By a lot of people and for many years. It was eventually disproven, but while they believed the documents were as old as they looked, it was absolutely considered possible. Up until Dan Brown made it famous, and gave all the people who debunked it a reason to be on TV, a lot of people still believed it, even though it had been disproven over ten years earlier.

Go read this: http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Blood-Grail/dp/0099503093/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=12419905

Enough people believed it to keep that book on the bestsellers list for years.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:24 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I thought it was a wonderful work of fiction and very intelligently written, and I loved Angels and Demons even more and cannot WAIT to see it!
    I also believe that the idea of Christ taking a wife has enough support to be considered an option, even has support in the Bible and other texts, especially when taking Jewish culture/practice into consideration.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:37 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Then again, this also goes back to whether someone is a Trinitarian or not....
    Those who believe Jesus is God incarnate are less likely to believe this possibility.
    I, myself, am a Unitarian...
    I don't know enough to say whether I believe He did or didn't marry her, but there's plenty of evidence to support the thought.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:38 PM on May. 10, 2009

• yeah it was a good mystery and I loved the plot line!!! but it was just a good story much like LoTR or Narnia of which I also enjoyed watching (personally I can't wait for THE HOBBIT)
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:55 PM on May. 10, 2009