Girl i work with has mersa! should i worry?

i know mersa can kill babies...and it is highly contagious..if she has a break out everyone can get it. what to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Health

• Call your physician and talk to them about precautions and hopefully she is taking appropriate precautions as well. MRSA has been around a long time. As long as you don't have any open wounds and clean your hands, it should be fine. It starts with a staph infection from a cut or wound ususally.
    Anonymous

• That stuff is nasty and highly contagious. You'd have to make sure you wash every time you touched something that she has come into contact with. I hope she doesn't work in the medical field or in day care. I'd talk with the boss and ask her if he/she checks to make sure the woman is taking all necessary precautions. I'd also call the health dept or my dr and ask for advice.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:39 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Talk to your doctor and your boss..Se if you can be moved away from her.

Answer by louise2 at 4:40 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Can she be allowed to work with it where you are?
    I mean if you work in a restaurant she could be fired if there is a complaint right?
    You are right to worry for your child.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 7:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• no, just tell her to read this article: Clinical Studies Show Honey Kills MRSA

here's where I found it:

articles

Neminly

Answer by Neminly at 9:12 PM on May. 10, 2009