Ever had a yackass for a doc?

My new doc wants to take me off the Cymbalta becouse supposably it mimics Fibro symptoms( even though I was already diagnosed with Fibro & CFS & has been takin Cymbalta for a little over a yr now).
So basically he's telling me I'm nuts and AGAIN, my symptoms are all in my head...if thats the case why would my doc send me to him to begin with instead of the local nut house?
Have you ever had a crappy, brainless yackass for a doc like this?

witch_e_woman

Asked by witch_e_woman at 4:38 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Health

• oh my doc sure does like to make me look like a tit
    i went in one time with arm strain and he said it was because i was holding my son wrong and i said i had it b4 he was born and he just looked at me n went yea ok. like i didnt want to exept that if it was true.

what an idiot
    ayrshire-lass

Answer by ayrshire-lass at 7:26 PM on May. 10, 2009

• when i had my first dd, i had a doc , an obgyn, who told me my torn shoulder pain was actually referred pain from my gall bladder. i looked at him like i was nuts. i went to the e.r. later that night and found out i tore the rotator cuff. when i told the e.r. doc what the obgyn said he damn near pist him self and said "he's an obgyn not a general doc!! he sees vaginas all day long not shoulders or gall bladders!" we both lol'd so hard i rehurt my shoulder. :D
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 8:01 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Get a new doctor if you are not happy with the one you have. Your doc sounds like a quack.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:50 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My MIL has both of those as well, and her Dr just took her off the Cymbalta as well. Her complaint was that she was so exhausted she could barely move. As far as I know, he wanted her checked for depression as well.
    LiviGracesmom

Answer by LiviGracesmom at 8:53 PM on May. 10, 2009

•  If he said that Cymbalta MIMICS the symptoms of Fibromyalgia then he's an idiot. And how does he explain all the studies....              http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/healthday/2008/06/16/cymbalta-approved-for-fibromyalgia.html    This is an article dated 2008 - Cymbalta was approved by the FDA for the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Plain and Simple..... Get another doctor.

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:26 PM on May. 10, 2009

• And for the record... Cymbalta treats the pain associated with Fibromyalgia; it does not address the exhaustion. I hate doctors who so placidly make life decisions for people. I had doctors tell me for 5 years that "it was all in my head" - turned out the jackasses were only partly right because I had and Arterial Venous Malformation (AVM) and was bleeding into my brain - I damn near died because they didn't want to do their jobs. You know your body better than anyone. Don't let some egomaniacal idiot treat you like you don't.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:33 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Yackass?
    Anonymous