Im pregnant, and i have this bumpy red rash all over my stomach, is that normal?

I noticed it a couple weeks after i found out i was pregnant, and i think its spreading. I tried to look it up online to see if it was normal, but none of them matched what i have. They're just like little pimples all over my stomach, they dont hurt, they dont look like blisters or anything, theyre just little bumps and they wont go away.

holly082290

Asked by holly082290 at 4:43 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That happend to me a few months ago and i was told that its just a heatrash. I had the same thing last summer. I still get it every once in a while so what i do is i just wait till my husband goes to work i take a shower then ist in front of a fan to dry off with out my top on so i dont get that stickey feeling from just using a towel. that can cause it because most things people wear is tight fitting if your not compleatly dry they you can get that little rash.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah that is normal. I forget the name of it. Some women get it worse than others. If it's really bad your doc can help. But yeah its normal. I got it a little bit too.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 5:20 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I got a really bad rash on my stomach and back when I was first pregnant. I didn't know I was pregnant at the time and the doctor told me that it could be from a change in hormones. She said a lot of ladies get rashes in the beginning until their bodies get used to the hormones. I know there is also a rash that ladies get for the length of their pregnancies that is very itchy and uncomfortable. It's hard to say which you have.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 5:44 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I had the same rash when I was pregnant for the first time. I freaked out completely, thinking it was everything from Lyme Disease to smallpox. (Aren't hormones wonderful?!) Try Aveeno lotion for sensitive skin. The oatmeal soak they make works great too. (It's very finely granulated so it doesn't leave a mess in the tub.)
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:21 AM on May. 11, 2009

• i had it too it got so bad that it was on my belly down my arms and on my butt i went to mt doc and he gave me something and i think that it what made it spred then my obgyn sent me to the skin doc and they gave me some cream and it made it go away but u need to go to the skin doc.
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 1:26 PM on May. 11, 2009