How many of you own a gun &...?

...are willing to teach your kid(s) how to respect it, handle it, clean it & use it either for hunting or basic target practice?

witch_e_woman

Asked by witch_e_woman at 4:46 PM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I own a gun. Well it's my husbands, its just a 9mm we keep for protection. I live in Montana and we love our guns here. I've been shooting since I was a about 10 years old. I don't hunt but i like to shoot. Yes my son will be taught about guns and will probably hunt. Guns are respected here in Montana, but it's in a cultured farming/hunting type way (shooting gofers and stuff like that.)
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 4:55 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My husband plans on owning one in the next few years and if there ever IS a gun under our roof they will be taught about them.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:21 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My SO has a gun.
    And we plan on teaching our son proper gun handling and what not.
    It was taught to us as kids.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 5:21 PM on May. 10, 2009

• When I was married we used to have a lot of guns in the house , my children were taught to respect the guns and not touch them or even get close to them,( they were pretty little). They weren't big enough to learn to shoot.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 6:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I have my own and my husband has a large collection. Our son has & will continue to learn about purpose and safety and what fun we can have as a family shooting & hunting. I hate gun cleaning so I usually bug hubby into doing it, but Ruger doesn't mind so I'm glad to let him help.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:00 PM on May. 10, 2009

• we have 7 guns, 6 of them are hunting guns 1 is a pistolf. My son will learn gun safety and how to hunt. He will hunt with his dad & his papaw. he will learn how to properly clean & maintain his gun.
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 7:28 PM on May. 10, 2009

• We have one... its my husbands shot gun. Its for protection just incase someone breaks in or something one day. I have no idea how to use it so I wont be trying to teach my kids anything with it! But I'm sure my hubby will teach them. But it will also be where they cannot get to it!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 1:44 PM on May. 12, 2009