What does it mean when im spotting brown/black in color just before my period?

I also have a lil bit of cramping, am i pregnant?

MakaylasMom1206

Asked by MakaylasMom1206 at 4:53 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Health

• No your not pregnant..Your about to have your Period..JMO

Answer by louise2 at 5:04 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I had to look that one up since you asked why? I think most women do. I never found an answer on what it's called only what women think it is. Some say it's ovalation. When many years ago I had a period, I always spotted a day or two before. I just figured we keep it in a month so when it's about time, it's just that. I think the color is because it's been inside and not exposed in awhile. Who knows LoL..I don't need to know now and I'm surely not curious but I say it's normal and not to worry
    jstoy

Answer by jstoy at 5:07 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I don't think that it 's anything to worry about .I always thought that it was old blood that is left over. It won't hurt you, so don't worry about it. It's ok
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 6:23 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Old blood.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:07 PM on May. 10, 2009