What do you consider Inappropriate music?

Do you draw the line when it comes to what kind of music your kid(s) listen to & "Why"?

And do you believe that certain music is truly EVIL and will make all kids commit awful crimes if listened too (if so, what kind of music do you consider Evil) ???.

witch_e_woman

Asked by witch_e_woman at 4:56 PM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Not what kind...But how loud the person is playing it.

I do not believe in all that EVIL music,,,movies,,,games stuff. My kids watched, listened and played all that EVIL stuff and the are just fine..They are law abiding people.

Answer by louise2 at 5:01 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Once upon a time an elderly lady told me and my friends listening to rock and roll will make us commit suicide. We of course laughed. I think inapproiate music is anything you can't understand the words to. Now Im not old fashion but there are songs out there young kids are listening to and the words some of them use is just too much. Kids sing to this kind of stuff and I think it's not good for any of them. but they would get it elsewhere anyways. I don't think kids go bad because of music
    jstoy

Answer by jstoy at 5:10 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I don't think you can blame the actions of people on music, movies or games etc. People are responsible for their own actions and if music or a movie had that much affect on their actions than there was a problem already there. However I absolutely CANNOT STAND Eminem and his vulgar disgusting rap. I hate music that talks about women being hos and sluts or songs that talk about selling and doing drugs. I also cannot stand that screamo...it makes me what to cut my ears off...and if I was one of those people who listened to what music told me to do, I probably would.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:16 PM on May. 10, 2009

• It's innappropriate for children to listen to music with sexual content or boyfriend girlfriend stuff in it. I also won't allow them to listen to music where the person singing has an attitude--like Doncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me...barf!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:22 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I listen to all genre's of music except rap. I find (SOME) rap to be very offensive towards women and men. some rappers only want to rap about violence towards women and gang violence. I don't mind listening to the beats of the music but the words are just offensive. but that is not all rap music. my husband listens to rap music but i don't really care about that but he knows i will not allow my children to hear that kind of music. i love rock and roll (classic and modern), country (classic and modern), classical music, things like that. I am a huge Ozzy, Pink Floyd, RUSH, Phil Collins, fan.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Ever since music began the parents are saying that music is evil just because it isn't what they are used to listening too. Like in the 50 and 60;s rocok and roll was evil and so on and so forth. I think that the only music that is evil is the kind that talks about , beating women and children, and commiting murder.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 6:19 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My daughter is not allowed to listen to anything sexual, derogatory, or criminal. Just rated PG.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:01 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I have never really put restrictions on the kind of music my kids listen too, for the most part they like country and rock.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:04 PM on May. 10, 2009

• i dont allow music with swears in them or degrading songs. they just are not for little kids ears. no music is truley evil just obnoxious.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 7:52 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My So, and I both listen to rap (not edited) with our kids in the car. He also plays games on his PS3 that are a little bloody, and we watch movies that most people would say is not appropriate. As of right now I have no problem with my kids repeating words, or showing in violent actions. And I'm sure many people would feel my choice to let this stuff around my kids is horrible. But you know I see it this way eventually they are going to get out into the world, and I'm not going to lie to them about what is really out there. I want to be be straight ford, and honest with them. And hope in return they'll do the same as they get older.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on May. 11, 2009