Shouldn't we...

wish each other HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY??? Happy Mother's Day to both moms...the one that gave life and the one that teaches their child to live it!!!!! Can we put away the swords and honor each other today? I hope my kids' birth moms know somehow that nomatter what the circumstance they found themselves in that led them to have to leave their babies...we love them and are thinking of them today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Adoption

• happy mothers day2moms rockwearing crown

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:43 PM on May. 10, 2009

• You would think so...but I'm sure someone is going to try to argue that just giving birth doesnt make you a mom & how only moms who raise the kids & are there...blah blah blah "deserve" to be honored on mother's day. I've seen this line of thinking persented here countless times when a birthmom tries to refer to herself as a "mom" when her child has been adopted by another. Just to state, I believe all moms deserve to be remembered whether their children are with them or not...
    Anonymous

• To the previous poster...Giving birth DOES make you a mother. I don't see how anyone would try to argue that. I hope every birth mom that reads this knows that they are Mothers, and that every adoptive mom knows that their children's birth parents are PART of who the children are. If you love your child, I don't see how you can't love their birth parents.
    Anonymous

• I agree. But I do see it argued here unfortunatly. That if you arent the one who physically is with the child every day, there when they are sick, there to feed & teach them then you dotn get to refer to yourself as "mom". When I see someone say this, I just feel sorry for them that they are so insecure in their role that they cant share the word "mom" with the woman who gave birth to the child they are given the priviledge to raise. Sad to see amoms insisting they are the "only mom" & they want it to stay that way. So sad they cant see how a child has a capacity to love more then one person.
    Anonymous

• I'm just going to say Happy Mother's Day and leave it at that.
    Anonymous

• It's their own opinion! Who cares? We all know they are just trying to be cruel.. I'll just tell them to go tell my son that.. Even though he's 2.. he'll show them a thing or two.

Happy mother's day to EVERYONE!
    rainfalls

Answer by rainfalls at 5:43 PM on May. 10, 2009

• It doesn't matter if you're a birth mother or an adoptive mom you are both Mothers and it is mother's day for all mothers!!!!!!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOTHERS
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 6:13 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Happy Mother's Day All - and don't forget the adoptees that are now mothers too :)
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 7:42 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Happy Mother's Day :)
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:49 PM on May. 10, 2009

• If it weren't for birth moms, adoptive moms wouldn't even BE moms in the first place, so what is the debate? Everyone involved is a mom, and Happy Mother's Day to all you us!
    Anonymous