S/O Have you been divorced?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 5:33 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• i was very happy for 23 years until he died this past july. i'll never marry again.
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 10:18 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I have not. We have been married for 7 and half years now.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:33 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Married 7 1/2 years for us too. No divorces for either of us.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:35 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I was married for 18 years. Things were getting way ;out of hand and I inssted on going to a marriage councilor to try to save our marriage. We went to about 3 of them. The third one he( my exhusband) sets down and says , " I don't have a problem , only you do", that broke my heart . Right then I had decided that it was time I moved on., Bur i didn't think that he would take my children from me, and forbid them to ever have anything to do with me ever again. He told them that when I divorced he that I divorced them too. That wasn't true.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 5:57 PM on May. 10, 2009

• yup three times. I just haven't gotten the hang of domestic servitude...oops I mean marriage. It was my experience that men say whatever they think you want to hear then you sign you name and say I DO then they change the rules. Now I remain happily single. I have a guy who is special to me but have the freedom to see other ppl. I answer to no one but myself. I live my life as I see fit and enjoy every moment bc life is short. Divorce isn't a bad word. I see it more as an opportunity to see what life has to offer when marriage isn't quite doing it. I don't mean leave over something frivolous of course. My first husband cheated on me and sent me home to mom. My second husband was an abuser and I took the kids and got out. The third husband got involved in drugs and ran off with some teenager!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:08 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I was married 11 years and had 3 kids by this man but shortly after we got married I realized I married the wrong man because he lied all the time for no reason and we fought all the time. I asked him for a divorce for many years but he wouldnt and I didnt pressure him because my parents are religious and dont believe in divorce but after many years of the verbal and mental abuse I was through.. I told my parents I wasnt living my life for them anymore. They always told me that my kids need their daddy. I told my hubby I didnt love him and hadnt for years and he cried like a baby but you know what? In a week he was living with another woman so WTH I waisted many years on the bastard. Now I have been married for almost 5 years and have another kid and I love this man with my whole heart..The lesson learned is dont live your life for someone else live it for you!!!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 7:49 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I've been married for almost 7 years. This is my husband's second marriage.
    Anonymous

• No.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:36 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Hubby and I were 18 and 19 when we got married and we'll be married for 24 years in October. Just 1 marriage for both of us, to each other. I don't think I'd ever re-marry of something should happen to my husband. He is my heart.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:59 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I have been married for 10 years next month...my only marriage. My DH has been married twice before me the first lasted a little over 6 months and the second just over 6 years. Third time was obviously the charm for him. If something should happen to our marriage (which I don't see anything happen between us) I don't think I would ever marry again!
    NEWMAN12

Answer by NEWMAN12 at 10:07 PM on May. 11, 2009