So is Oklahoma going to be it's own little nation?

Heard they were in the process of voting to remove themselves from the federal government.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I must live under a rock or in a cave. I live in Oklahoma, and I have never heard that. What news channel did you here that on.. I would like to know.

Answer by louise2 at 5:38 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Have at it, Oklahoma! Chances are that Oklahoma receives more money from the federal government than their citizens pay in, so that leave more money for the rest of us.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I hate to be the first to say it....link please? Also, I don't think it is legally possible to withdraw from the US.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:38 PM on May. 10, 2009

• This is probably what the person I heard it from was referring to--no idea what site they saw it on but this is what I found...

http://www.jbs.org/index.php/us-constitution-blog/4539

Anonymous

• Yes, them and the 20 other states that already passes similar legislation.

eye rolling

They are not "in the process" of doing anything but declaring their constitutionally granted rights of sovereignty.  The same rights that have been eroding steadliy over the past 50 or so years in the name of FDR, LBJ and BHO.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:50 PM on May. 10, 2009

• http://supportbordercontrols.blogspot.com/2009/02/american-states-want-to-secede-from.html

check this one... I didnt know California was on the list. *drops jaw*
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Texas v. White, United States Supreme Court, (1868)
    In 1868, the Supreme Court ruled that secession from the United States was illegal. The court wrote, "The Constitution, in all its provisions, looks to an indestructible Union, composed of indestructible States." The court did allow some possibility of the divisibility "through revolution, or through consent of the States
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:26 PM on May. 10, 2009

• If it is, someone please tell me for sure, because I'll move there right before it does lol
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 7:04 PM on May. 10, 2009

• LMAO!
    Anonymous

• yeah!! maybe they're gonna finally kick out all the whities..and reassume possession of indian territory once again!!! i'll move back, feathers and all!
    lol
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:24 PM on May. 10, 2009