anyone elses first mothers day crappy?

i got a "happy mothers day" real quick and then othing. :( not even a 99c card or ANYTHING!
then hes all here ill go buy you flowers bc he could tell i was kind of bummed out...no i dont flowers when you are telling me you are getting them, i wanted him to do it because he wanted to and to be sweet not just bc sh*t i should have done this in the first place and now i didnt so shes upset....

anyone else having a crappy first mothers day?.. i am plus illl be home alone because he decided to work. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I am. :(
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:37 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Either your husband loves you and apprciates you every day, or he doesn't. You should not need a Hallmark holiday to make you feel loved.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:41 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Lakies I'm sorry that you are having a crappy ;mother's day. I've had a lot of crappy mother's days over the years , because my exhusband wouldn't let my children recognoize me as their mother . Now that they are on their own I am getting mother's day cards. That is all i expect from my children. I'm having a great mother's day . MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU OMOMS OUT THERE
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 5:43 PM on May. 10, 2009

• rholoms thats dumb maybe YOU think its some huge conspiracy holiday but to others its not... to me its to celebrate being a mom, just getting to relax a day, celebrate whne you were pregnant and how good of a mother you are.

you can boycott mothers day, but i for one am not.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:44 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I am sorry. Even if it is just some "Hallmark holiday" he should have known it was important to you and not be so insensitive.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 5:48 PM on May. 10, 2009

• im not a "mother" yet but I could be any day..and im kinda bummed cuz I didnt even get a happy mothers day from my SO I guess he feels that because im not a mom yet he doesnt have to...but a simple "happy mother day" would be sloo nice I dont even need the flowers :(
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 5:49 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Ladies, are you listening to yourselves? All I hear is whine, whine, whine. If you want something particular for Mother's Day then you should have asked your husband for it. Don't give hints, just tell him "I would like a card for Mother's Day", or I would like this, I wold like to do that on Mother's Day", etc. But don't get all whinny and pouty because the Mother's Day, You had in your head didn't turn out that way. Grow up and be a Woman. Take charge and make sure you have a happy mother's day.

Anonymous

• Hahaha, I asked a question like this a few hours ago. My fiance has to work all day long.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:37 PM on May. 10, 2009

• This certainly isn't my first crappy Mother's Day nor will it be my last but it's not about husbands or bf or SO's. That's what Valentines' day is for. This is about being a mom. Hug your kids. Have a great time with them. If they are old enough let them make you a card or help you bake you a cake or whatever it is you want. Also remember YOUR mom so your dad doesn't catch heck bc you forgot your own mom. I say that since 2 of my 3 children seem to have forgotten this old mom. That sucks so I know what a crappy Mother's Day is and it is NOT over some man who isn't my son.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:45 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Oh poor you.
    Anonymous