Wiccans or Pagans who took/would take a magickal name, I'm a little upset....

Ok, I won't tell you what I really feel might be my magickal name because I don't think that's a good thing to do. Anyway, it's a tree and a flower combined, but I'm almost afraid of taking it, even though it feels very right an natural, because so many people talk about how names like that are stupid and fake and just someone wanting attention, etc. What do you think? I know it isn't anyone else's business, but I still feel weird about taking it now because so many people dis names like that. How would you feel if your magickal name sounded sort of cliche and people criticized some similar to your name? Would you still feel as confident taking it, or would you be hesitant as I am now? Thanks ladies, this is really bugging me. I keep feeling this tugging sort of thing towards that name, but I'm worried about it, now lol. I almost posted this anon because I don't want ya making fun of me lol. Be gentle please!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 5:49 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My dear if it feels *right* then it's your name. There was a reason for you to have it.
    I personally do not have a magickal name yet, that is ONLY bc one has not presented itself
    to me and when and IF it does and if it Feels right, I will then accept it as it is...

Blessed Be
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:13 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Girl, if it feels right to you, do it...that is all that matters.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:52 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Thanks lol. I know that magickal names aren't required and they aren't for everyone, but I've felt a strong connection to this name and the two plants that it comes from my entire life for some reason. I've felt drawn to that name since I started studying Wicca 10 years ago.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:54 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Then it is yours.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:56 PM on May. 10, 2009

• you can't fight what is meant to be. If the name is your's then accept it

Answer by admckenzie at 5:58 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Do you know how many Sarah's there are in this world? No one gets upset because someone else has the same name. They just accept it. Magickal names are no diff! If it feels right to you take it. That's all that matters...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:51 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Do what you feel is right and forget what anyone else says, that's their issue not yours.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 7:52 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I use to be involved in Paganism.. and I had a name.. I use it as my screen name. minus the x's. lol. But I'm not embarressed by it. And you shouldnt' be either... be proud of it. If you want to be creative... you can find out how to say it in an older Native American language, or Welsh, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:44 PM on May. 10, 2009

• if it feels right then take it and don't let anyone tell you different
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:07 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Do you think it's wrong to share your magickal name with someone close to you if they are also practicing? Like your spouse, for example?
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:26 PM on May. 10, 2009