• In the Spotlight:

do you sing to, or have a song for your pet?

Just wanna make sure i'm not the only "weirdo" on here LOL my cats name is obsidian, but somehow the nickname "booba" came forth a couple years ago. if I hear a song on the radio, or if I make up a song I go "oooh mr. booba I wuv yooooous oooh mr. booba I wuv your buuuuuutt" why am I even sharing this? very embarrassing and personal, something only my SO and a few friends know about LOL but just had to share it with everyone, and yes I am remaining ANON lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• HAHA I had a white and grey persian and his name was smokey. One day I pick up a guitar and strummed it singing "WHIIIIIIITE LIOOOON, white white white white Lion lion lion lion...WHIIIITE LIOOOON, he's a white lion nobody knows, from his fluffy white tail to his double pawed toes." and my step mother (whomI was living with at the time) could not stop laughing and for years would have me sing it. lol so NO, your not crazy...jus cool,like me :)
    kalioop

Answer by kalioop at 6:56 PM on May. 10, 2009

• lol to cute!! i dont..but my bro in law used to sing to his rottie.. "close your eyes..close your eyes, close your big brown eyes..." and yaa id ont remember the rest..but it was cute to watch..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:22 PM on May. 10, 2009

• LOL, ok.
    Anonymous

• LOL, no. That's funny!
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 7:00 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Cat owner here. We play Rockband ALOT, and there's a song titled, "Magnetic Baby". The lyrics are:

"In my fist there's a song
    Do you wanna sing along?
    Yeah, yeah
    Yeah, yeah yeah"

We change out the "yeah" to "meow". We also dedicate "Cool for Cats" to our kitty.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 7:18 PM on May. 10, 2009

• That made me laugh. I've probably sang to my doggie before. I don't remember.
    Anonymous

• my girls and I love a Manhatten Transfer song called "Zindylou" and we have changed the lyrics to fit our cat, Mimzy -- and each time we sing it we add on and change lyrics, intermingline them with the originals:

Mimzylou is a kitty, she sure looks fine,
    and when she looked at me, I loose my mind
    Mimzylou, oh! Mimzylou

She had green eyes and
    a fine fat frame
    and each and ev'ry day she call my name

you get the picture. We've done this for years with lots of songs for one reason or another. It's lead to a lot of creativitiy from the kids, some really entertaining times together, and one daughter who has grown into an award winning vocalist and character actress! Who'd of thought???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on May. 11, 2009