can high blood pressure and protein in urine bad for me and my baby?

18 week pregnant with high blood pressure and may have high protein in urine. the dr is worry about the baby not having enough oxygen and blood flow and im scared i may loose my baby .does any one have the same thing going on.

rubyred0207

Asked by rubyred0207 at 6:12 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your doctor should have given you very specific instructions on how to take care of yourself and your baby. you need to try to relax, and follow the doctor's instructions.

Good luck to you and your family

Answer by rkoloms at 6:20 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Don't stress out to much. Depending on how your bp is and the amount of protein in your urine it sounds like you have preeclampsia. There is different stages of it that can make it worse or not to bad but just relax. Its better for you to drink more watter then usual and try not to get to active. Your doctor should have told you exactly how to take care of yourself and the baby like rkoloms said just be careful and if you have ANY questions then call your doctor. I wouldn't take any chances.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:34 PM on May. 10, 2009

• good luck and i hope everything goes ok for you and your baby. and happy mothers day!
    Shelii

• yes
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:22 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Just relax and try not to do to much. I don't want to scare you but it could be Toxemia. The doctor will do tests if it continues. I had it and they had me on bed rest. My daughter is fine. If you have any swelling in your hands, feet, or face call your doctor. Good Luck and relax. If you want to talk you can message me. Happy Mothers Day! =D
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:48 PM on May. 10, 2009