drinkers...

anyone here have an alcoholic beverage about everyday? i might have like 1 or 2 beers, not every single night, but if it's in the fridge i'm having one! I'm not big on heavier drinks anymore. i cant handle them. I am a lightweight on one glass of wine. but 1 or 2 beers I might just get a slight buzz, and i'm fine for the night! I'm not dependent on the alcohol, and if it's in the fridge I dont crave one all the time...why does it sound like i'm making excuses? lol I guess I'm expecting some bashing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• IMHO drinking responsibly around your children in the home is a good way to teach the kids how to be responsible with alcohol. They are going to be inundated with people drinking irresponsibly on the media and later in school so why not give them a good example of the right way to drink if you are going to drink. I personally do not drink at the moment because I am still nursing, but DH does and so do some of our friends and family when they come to visit. Our alcohol is kept in a locked fridge outside in the garage.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:59 PM on May. 10, 2009

• nope, not me..i maybe only have a drink like 3 or 4 times a year..i used to drink lots before i got pregnant..but ever since i had my daughter which was 5 years ago..i just dont like it anymore..and then it pisses me off cuz i wish i still did..like on tv when al those moms drink a glass of wine or whatever..i sooo wish i could do that..but i cant
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:19 PM on May. 10, 2009

• when i'm not preg i have a glass or two of wine a night. unless its been a really really long day and i might make a margaritta or a daquiri. i don't drink a beer fast enough and it gets warm so its a waste for me to drink one.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:19 PM on May. 10, 2009

• We don't drink at home around our daughter. Yes, I would love to sip some good scotch at night, but I don't like the message that this sends to kids.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with having an occasional drink around my children in the evenings.  As long as you don't go getting drunk.  Nothing wrong with children seeing that alcohol can be drunk responsibly and they also can see that not everyone over does it.  As long as you drink in moderation and show responsibility then I see nothing wrong with it.

lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 6:44 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I agree, there is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol even around your children as long as you reponsible.
    kalioop

Answer by kalioop at 6:52 PM on May. 10, 2009

• 1or 2 a day can be an issue.Alcohol problems are not just for people who get drunk when they drink,it can be as simple as falling back on that drink or two to relax.I'm not saying you have a problem,just saying that this could be an issue for those who do drink daily.Its the reliance on the drinks.Could you go a whole week without one? If not,this could be an issue for you.We can be addicted to many things in our daily lives,caffeine,cigarettes,its the not being able to function well without that should alert us to a possible problem.I grew up with a family that abused alot of things,so I know from what I speak! JMO ok?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:00 PM on May. 10, 2009

• rofl...I knew there would some of the answers I see here.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 7:49 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I like mudslides yummy, but only once in a great wile
    mommiesboobear

Answer by mommiesboobear at 9:51 PM on May. 10, 2009