How can I get my daughter to stay in her own bed?

I am 21 weeks pregnant and my 4 year old will not fall asleep in her own bed. I have to stay there until she falls asleep. She wakes up during the night and comes and climb into bed with us. Help. I need to get her settled before the baby comes in Sept.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We had the same problem with the 3 1/2 year old i used to babysit bascially shes prob spoiled.. but ur the mommy i understnad lol :) .. but you have to put her in the bed and if there is a tv in the room keep it on cartoons or her favorite movie. and you may have to stay with her in the room before she falls asleep for a couple of nights or for at least a week.. and afterwards she should be used to sleeping in her room.. but bribe her if it becomes difficult , reward her with things the next morning and make sure she knows why she is being rewarded. and do something big like after she stays in the bed couple of nights herself take her to chucky cheese and tell her why.. try it girlfriend be nothing but positive to her..
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 6:22 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I hear Duck Tape works wonders ;)

We basically had our son go cold turkey. He would show up at our doorway every night, but we just took him by the hand and led him back to his bed. Sure, there were tears, but it only happened a couple of nights. If you use this method, keep in mind that you must stand your ground. If you give in to letting your child hop into bed with you, you'll only be teaching him that he can get his way if he pushes hard enough.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 7:13 PM on May. 10, 2009

• you know what to start her off...move your bed next to hers...trust me it works....try putting her in her bed but yours next to her atleast she will think she is with you guys but atleast you have your space...we been doing that for the past 8 months i am hoping to get out of his room by the summer...
    brisa1984

Answer by brisa1984 at 7:39 PM on May. 10, 2009

• my 4 year old does the same thing hubby has to fall asleep with him and hes up all during the night coming to our room. He is a daddys boy so its all on him to take him back over and over again and this has been for about 6 months and my oldest son is in the same room on the top bunk but he thinks he has to have his daddy so while were not having good luck with it... I wish you the best of luck!!!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:18 PM on May. 10, 2009