Mother's Day : Just for those who have given birth already or Can Moms-to-be be acknowledged as well?

Reason I ask, Everyone treats you as if your not important enough if you haven't yet given birth. I disagree, everyday this baby is getting bigger in me and I take care of myself to take care of this baby, So shouldn't I get recognized for that just like moms with children already do?

krisholl2285

Asked by krisholl2285 at 6:26 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I believe so, You are doing the things you should to keep that baby healthy inside of you. SO HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU!!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 6:27 PM on May. 10, 2009

• some think some think yes. i think so i just this past week sent a mother to be mothers day card to my best friend who is about 10 weeks pregnant she is a mommy to be it counts in my book
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:27 PM on May. 10, 2009

• absolutely!!! afterall "mother-to-be" has the word mother in it right? and there is a baby growing inside of you...happy mothers day =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Absolutely, as soon as you are pregnant... you're a mommy!!! Soooooooo...

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 6:32 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Happy Moms Day!!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:35 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Of course you can aknowlage it!  I know I received my first mothers day gift when I was pregnant with my oldest son from my stepfather.  How sweet and thoughtful.  Yes you have a real live baby in there so your a mother.

lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 6:41 PM on May. 10, 2009

• of course you're a mommy! i've been an auntie for over 20 years, and my twin-nephews were born to a single-mom...you think i didn't do some mothering to those two?? of course i did! and to every nephew/niece that was born after, also. right before i was pregnant, i decided to buy myself some very nice jewelry for mothers day..why not?..then, four months later, i was pregnant. imagine that!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:47 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Of course. My first child was born 4 days after Mother's day that year and my DH gave me a card and took me to dinner.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:55 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I suppose that the reason not as many say it applies to you is because mother day is a old holiday and there used to be a much higher rate of miscarriages, still borns, and complications. These days you are certainly considered a mom already...happy moms day!!!!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 6:59 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I agree with blessedmommy. :-) I was 37 weeks pregnant last mothers day and miserable, yet no one acknowledged me. :-( My sister, but that was it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:05 PM on May. 10, 2009