is it true that a man can have pregnancy symptoms while his girl or wife is pregnant?

because my boyfriend is having a lot of symptoms that i would have, he is sleeping a lot, craving (EATING A WHOLE LOT), headaches, and morning symptoms (sometimes), he is gaining a lot of weight also. i read that it happens to some males its called couvade syndrome

miss.chi

Asked by miss.chi at 6:31 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yup, that happened to my best friend. He was so horrible, almost worse than her!!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 6:32 PM on May. 10, 2009

• The only thing that I have heard of is the man gains weight most likely because the woman is eating so much, so he thinks he can too! My man gained more weight than I did during my pregnancy!!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 6:34 PM on May. 10, 2009

• oh ya lol .
    my husband even had horrible heartburn when i was pregnant lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:35 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Yeah it can happen. sympathy pregnancy is somewhat common. I wish my husband would go through it so he would stop getting mad at me for eating everything in the house and my mood swings. I feel bad for what I'm putting him through but he has no idea what I'm going through.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:37 PM on May. 10, 2009

• LOL yes! My hubby is sleeping like me and eating. And this sucks, We are both having crazy mood swings. lol Its funny and annoying at the same time! I want to be the one that gets the sympathy not him! lol OH and shh don't tell him but he looks like he is getting a bit of a gut too no matter how much he works out. How weird is that?
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:40 PM on May. 10, 2009

• WOW Miz Ann! I just laugh sometimes at him but then again while he was going through some mood swings and had a bad headache he was stressing because his grandma was in the hospital so i was kind of scared for him. But i really dont get any of the symptoms i only really had morning sickness like 3 times at the beginning then it went away and i guess moved on to him, but i wish it was just me because he suffers from the heartburn and all, he's not the one pregnant i am. But lol i wont tell, but my boyfriend is getting a gut also, i keep telling him he needs to stop eating up all the food lol.!
    miss.chi

Answer by miss.chi at 7:46 PM on May. 10, 2009

• yea it can happen..its sympathy pregnancy
    Anonymous

• My boyfriend acts more pregnant that I do! I had no symptoms of being pregnant, but he had sickness, soreness, and REALLY bad mood swings along with the apitite. lol~ I find it cute. :)
    Anonymous

• lol when i first found out my bf ws sleeping MORE than me and had put on like 20lbs haha now he's better and lost his weight, can't wait to be able to loose mine lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:45 PM on May. 10, 2009

• june mama09 what you mean sleeping with more than u? he got someone else pregnant ?
    miss.chi

Answer by miss.chi at 1:21 PM on May. 11, 2009