my mother died 28years ago,

someone once said that it gets easyer with time, is it just me or does it still hurt.

cap3mom

Asked by cap3mom at 6:42 PM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• idk. you tell me. my mom died last month ..
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:50 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My mom passed away 9 years ago. I still miss her especially today and on special days when I know she would have enjoyed being with us, when my children are involved in something special. I think of her how she would have loved watching my children grow and develop and how proud she would be of us. It is still painful and I would love to talk with her, but each year has seemed a little easier. But I don't think that pain and missing her will ever go away. But as much as i miss her, I know she is with our Heavenly Father rejoicing. May God bless you and give you peace as only he can. Mary

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 6:52 PM on May. 10, 2009

• still hurts
    my mom is still alive but lives in kenya, but the annivershery (sp?) of my dear granny is mothers day week, and it hurts
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:01 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Im so sry to hear about what all of you have been through. I know its hard. I was verry close to my step mom she was more of a mom to me than my mom was. And she has just passed away 7 months ago from cancer and its so hard for me today to have people telling me happy mothers day and i just relize that i cant call her and tell her that today. My grandmother is on a different end today. Today is the aniversary of when her son was killed. She called me today crying and it was so hard to talk to her and try to tell her that he is looking down on her and screaming happy mothers day to her and that all she has to do is listen. and as hard as it is i know that my step mom is looking down on me today as im trying to tell her the same thing.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:46 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My father died almost 30 years ago and there are times when I miss him desperately. Mostly it is when something special has happened and I wish he were here to share it........births, graduations, weddings, grandson hitting his first homerun, etc.

But holding on to the fact that he was a special person and I was lucky to have been his child helps ease the pain.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 7:47 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My mom died 8 1/2 years ago. I don't think it gets better, it just gets different. I've learned to cope but I still think about her every single day and still miss her. I was a mess last Thanksgiving because it fell on what would have been her 60th birthday. It was rough.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:57 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Oh sweetie, I'm sorry to say that if you were close to your mom it never gets easier. I don't know why people say it does, perhaps because they don't know what else to say in times of grief.
    I lost my mom 30 years 8 months ago when I was 11 years old and the pain is as fresh now as it was then.
    Sometimes I get angry that she was taken from me, but I am also a child of God and know that there is a purpose for everything under the sun so I must be patient and wait until the day I see her again, because I know I will. ♥
    I'm sending big hugs to you and to everyone else here who has lost a loved one that was so very dear to them.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:22 PM on May. 11, 2009