can a girl ovulate 5 days before and 5 days after her period?

a girl at my job told me that i was kind of confused because i was told a female only can ovulate once a month and it depends on the monthly cycle (28 day or so) around day 14 after the first day of your last period. but its kind of weird because my brothers girl thinks she is pregnant, my brother and his girlfriend had unprotected sex 4 days before her period, her period was supposed to come april 20th and they had sex april 16th and she did not have her period for april. so she took a test like 2 days ago and it came back positive. and they have been using the pull out method for a whole year and just this one time she was on top of him and he knew when he was bout to ejaculate and he told her to get off and she kept going and then he finally pushed her off and sperm was already releasing from his penis so he not sure if any got in her but she says it did. HELP PLZ

miss.chi

Asked by miss.chi at 6:49 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anything is possible. You can even get pregnant during your period; it is not likely, but it can happen

Answer by rkoloms at 7:02 PM on May. 10, 2009

• All depends on the woman's body and how strong the guy's swimmers are! Like the pp said, anything is possible!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:15 PM on May. 10, 2009