what do i do?

My baby keeps hiding its private area from the doctors so they can't tell if its a boy or a girl. Im going shopping soon and i need 2 know what it is! Even though the doctors said more than likely its a girl should i listen even though they arent 100%? I dont want to buy pink stuff and boom! out comes a boy. I can only buy so much neutral items. what should i do?

Tatiana1790

Asked by Tatiana1790 at 6:53 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Ummm I guess all you can do is wait.
    Anonymous

• In my religion, it is considered bad luck to by anything for a baby before it is born. All a newborn needs is diapers, a few changes of clothes and a bassinet. My mom went to TJ Maxx the morning after I delivered and bought a bunch of clothes, brought them home and washed them; we used a bassinet that has been used by dozens of babies in our circle of friends and families.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:06 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I never listened to what they told me the child was anyway.  I bought everything in colors that would do for a boy or a girl and made sure I had a set of names picked out for both just in case.  Also, remember when they tell you that your having a girl its always better to play it safe because sometimes babies well wait till the last minute before things drop and it can still turn out to be a boy and you don't want to be stuck with everything for a girl and have this happen.  I would just play it safe if I were you.

lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 7:22 PM on May. 10, 2009

• most of the big stuff you would probably want neutral anyways that way you can use it again. if you were to go buy a big pink stroller or something and next have a boy you probably wouldn't want to use it again. if you don't want all the clothes to be neutral buy just some basics and when the baby shows up you can go get more. same with something that you would want to be more on the feminine/masculine side, and there are plenty of gender neutral nursery themes...jungles, animals, abcs, cartoon characters (pooh, looney toons etc) fish.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:37 PM on May. 10, 2009

• You could buy a few items for a boy or a girl and leave the tags on.
    Then you can return and/or exchange whatever you don't need.
    Just check each stores return policy first.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 8:55 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Sweetie, hang tight and find out your little blessing the old fashioned way! There is no guarentee even if they tell you. A good friend of mine was told she was having a boy. Oh, no, it was a girl for sure. Another friend of mine that had 3 girls, and was expecting her 4th girl. Nope, it was a boy.
    My first got a blue nursery with teddy bears because I just loved the wall paper and I didn't care if it was a boy or gir (it was a boy). My second child was a girl, and didn't care a thing about having a blue nursery. I didn't know my last one. After she was born, we were moved to a new house with white walls in the room and a precious border that worked for either a boy or girl, and as far as clothes, my husband got the job of buying her a little outfit to come home in ... and he picked up a few more. Believe it or not, he had so much fun doing it. Good luck!
    JeccaBelle

Answer by JeccaBelle at 2:25 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I hope your able to find out soon. Like someof the other women said most things are neutral so it wont make a difference but i know where your comming from. But you just have to hang in there. My mom was told that i was going to be a boy but here i am now all girl and getting ready to have my first lil one.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:29 AM on May. 11, 2009