who elses wishes they got this for mothers day & whay would you do with it?

A day of peace. No kids, no nothing. Just you and whatever you feel like doing. My son was a total pain today. If I had had a day to myself I could have gotten a lot of packing done (we are moving in 2 weeks), and taken a nap in PEACE!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 6:56 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Remember, ladies, this too shall pass ... one day they will be all grown up and those days will be just a memory. With every age there is good, and bad. Every age. Mine are all teens and starting to leave the next. I can take naps when I'm not working, but I do remember those other days of longing desperately for a break as if they were yesterday. I remember my mom always saying don't wish your life away -- but I agree, a peaceful day -- ah, Nirvanah! :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on May. 11, 2009

• I would have liked an entire day to myself. My kid was okay today though, actually. Could I like get that in the form of a gift certificate redeemable any day I want?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:03 PM on May. 10, 2009

• i would have loved it. and i would have spent it cleaning house and getting baby stuff ready. this one will be here in 10 days and i still have soo much to do but every time i start messing with baby stuff my daughter starts pulling more out after i put it away and today everything she has said has been in the whining form. driving me nuts!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:10 PM on May. 10, 2009

• oo thats a good idea........
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I wouldve loved that too. My 17 month old was a terror, unfortunately. :(
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:20 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I got this! I guess it helps to have a sinus infection and to be puking non stop for the last 7 weeks! My SO hung out with my son and they had a fun day while I vegged in bed ALL day! It was AWESOME!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:47 PM on May. 10, 2009

• That's what my Dad used to do for my mom. She would get lilacs, a card, then he would take all of the kids out for the whole day! My Dad was the man! I wish I got flowers and a day to myself.
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 7:58 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm sicker than a dog, with a sick 4 month old and a terror of a 3 yr old. I dont care if I had a day of peace. I just wish we all had been feeling ok. And it also would've been nice if dh told me Happy Mother's day :(
    ballerina_06

Answer by ballerina_06 at 8:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I was wishing I had that too. I took the kids over to my moms to wish her a Happy Mother's day and she took the kids outside for an hour and a half and told me to lay on the couch and watch TV or take a nap. It was very nice. Now I'm going to take a bath and climb in bed.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:15 PM on May. 10, 2009

• i'm a single mother so i don't get a break even if its a holiday but u would think my daughter could give me some slack. no way she was worse today than alot of har bad days put together
    ksexymom19

Answer by ksexymom19 at 8:55 PM on May. 10, 2009