Im 44 trying to get pregnant any sugggestions? iM NOT SURE IF I STILL CAN.

michelle2864

Asked by michelle2864 at 7:06 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• as long as you dont mind being a high risk pregnancy...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:04 PM on May. 10, 2009

• You honestly shouldnt.
    At your age it is so risky for your baby! And for you too!
    You really should consider adoption. So many other babies need homes!
    It would be safer and give a child in need a loving home.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 7:20 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Talk to your Doctor......... they can give you the best information!
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 7:47 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Your best bet is to talk to your doctor. If you want to know if you can still get pregnant they can do a fertality test to see if you can. But as women get older there are alot more risks when getting pregnant. Im not sure if there is a certin age that they recomend not to conceve. But it would be best for you to talk to your doctor about it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:54 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Get to a top-ranked clinic that deals with more women with advanced maternal age. Be prepared to hear donor egg or adoption speeches. If you are set on using your own eggs, be ready for it to be a bit harder. Get a full workup to know what your FSH level is, along with other baseline hormone levels. Track your cycle, get ultrasounds to see what's going on in there. Read up, get informed, and brace your emotions. It can be a very frustrating road. I wish you luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• im sure you still can but its gonna be REALLY tough...and theres alot of risks...id talk to doc
    hug4akiss

• I agree w/ halfpint. Being informed before you talk to your doctor will help you know what questions you need to ask and also help you be prepared for any unpleasant answers. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:00 AM on May. 11, 2009

• WOW WHY YOU WAIT TO BE SO UP THERE TO TRY TO HAVE A BABY, IM 34 AND THEY ARE TRYING TO SCREEN ME FOR DISORDERS BECAUSE WHEN I GIVE BIRTH I WILL BE 35. IM SO COOL THIS WILL BE MY LAST BABY, THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD GET PREGNANT AT YOUR AGE ITS TO MUCH AT RISK. YOU SHOULD REALLY THINK ABOUT YOUR AGE FACTOR....GOOD LUCK TO YOU THOUGH
    Anonymous

• i DIDN'T WAIT I HAVE 4 KIDS OVER 19 ,I KNOW OF ALOT OF MOMS OVER 40 WHO HAVE VERY HEALTHY BABIES , IM  STILL GOING TO TRY THANKS FOR THE INPUT    MICHELLE.......smile mini

michelle2864

Answer by michelle2864 at 7:49 AM on May. 12, 2009