my daughter amanda the oldest shes 12 and i was looking through her phone i saw this text that she sent and it was to her cousin that i dont like cuz to me shes a brat and i didnt let amand go to her house and so the text said '' i know right i cant believe my mom didnt let me go ugh i HATE my mom" what should i do? she doesnt know i know about the text

_alexx_the_mom_

Asked by _alexx_the_mom_ at 7:10 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• abosolutl nothing
    kids this age say they hate their m om all the time, they dont mean it
    she is mad
    and be glad that while you were snooping that is all you found
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:12 PM on May. 10, 2009

• i wouldn't say anything. i don't know how many times as a kid i told a friend i hated my mom. i mean thats what kids do. if you tell her you know about it than that gives her even more reason to be mad at you and vent even more to her friends and relatives about it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:13 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Didn't you ever tell your friends that you hated one or both of your parents? If you don't want your daughter being in contact with the cousin, then block the cousin's number from your daughter's phone.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 PM on May. 10, 2009

• that happened to me when i was about her age. my mom stormed upstairs to my room and yelled at me for writing that IN MY DIARY. i'm not mad at her and i don't think i was mad at her then, i was just so scared she would think i really hated her. i was just hating what she did to me, which i don't even remember what, but after writing that, i didn't even remember writing it. she didn't mean a thing. teens say that all the time, i hate this i hate that. don't feel hurt by it. trust me, i hated my mom many many times after that, and she's staying with me helping out with my son while my husband's in iraq. we're the closest pair, so don't you worry ! :D
    KaydensMom99

Answer by KaydensMom99 at 7:21 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Text her back... I know, right... I hate my daughter too! LOL! Just kidding, but that would be funny!
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt say anything, shes young she doesnt hate you shes just mad that she couldnt go.
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 7:48 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Let it be, she is a tween and most tweens and teens "hate" their mothers. She really doesn't hate you, she's just mad that you didn't let her do what she wanted. Get used to it, you will hear it a lot.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:19 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I told my kids to hate me all they wanted to, they'll get over it. A mom has to do what she thinks is right. She doesn't really hate you either she just hates what you did. There is a difference.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• i wouldnt worry about it. when my sister and i said i hate you to my mom, should would always say well i will always love you no matter what or something along those lines.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:06 PM on May. 10, 2009

• First of all, why the hell does a 12 yo need a cel phone! Confront her!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:38 PM on May. 10, 2009