I want to start scrapbooking. I don't want to spend a lot of money. Where should I buy my supplies and what are good basics?

It's for my daughter, my family. Any online sources?

Asked by mother2zoe at 10:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• OMG, I got so many neat stickers at the dollar store.

Answer by HopeMiracle at 11:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I find walmart is a good place to go for cheap things and the dollar store

Answer by fawnamom at 11:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• dollar store for sure!---and walmart--i agree.
    basics: 1 scrapbook album, some stickers, a good pair of scissors, eventually a personal cutter and most important "acid free" double stick tape!!!!

Answer by thecannedspam at 12:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Walmart is where I go the most. A valuable and not horribly costly investment would be to get the picture chopper and corner maker from Creative Memories. I love Walmart stickers and other items. Make sure you get Acid free double sided tape and for easier taping... try the tape that looks like white out in the handheld rollers. That helps a bunch!!

Answer by MacRayMom at 12:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think the easiest way to get started in scrapbooking is to get a 'kit'. K and Co makes some GORGEOUS ones. I'm sure you can find them online, just google it. The advantage of a kit is that everything is coordinated already, which will make your life so much easier and will build your confidence. Some basics that will make your life easier would be a paper trimmer (fiskars, cricut are good brands) and adhesive that is easy to use, A lot of times I just use a glue stick, just make sure it is acid free. If you do other crafts keep an eye open to things that would look good on a scrapbook page. If you sew and have buttons lying around use them! You can find good ideas by buying a scrapbook magazine like 'Creating Keepsakes' or 'Scrapbooks Etc'. If you have any more questions you can feel free to pm me :)

Answer by BeateE at 11:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Sometimes you can find stuff at Big Lots for cheap. I have gotten supplies there for $2 that cost me $13 at other stores.

Answer by 18hearts at 11:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I go to the Dollar for a lot of stickers, and my girls & I love Hobby Lobby.

Answer by brandiromero at 6:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Wherever you go, there are a few basics that you'll need to get started.
    1. A paper trimmer
    2. Dry adhesive - not regular glue!
    3. Sharp thin scissors such as paper snips or cutterbee.
    4. A mat to protect your work surface.

When you begin, take your photos with you and then pick out your paper. That way, you won't spend a ton of money on paper you'll never use.

Answer by StampsNWhatnot at 8:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• The dollar section at Target is AWESOME for crafty things!

Answer by AmandaLegend at 1:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• AC Moore has a lot of sales on their scrapbook stuff. I've bought big scrapbooks for $3 each there, and then sometimes on Sundays they have a sale in which you can get 30% off of anything in the store. That's when I buy all of my scrapbooking supplies! They have a really large selection too. I just stock up when everything is on sale.

Answer by 6IrishKiddos at 2:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2008