• In the Spotlight:

What is a fair price to pay a babysitter?

I have a friend that's gonna be watching my 9yr. old girl and 9 month old baby. My little girl helps with the baby. It will be in my house for about 6hrs, 3 days a week. I don't know how much I should pay her. I want to be fair but I don't have much money.

purecity

Asked by purecity at 7:14 PM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• i would ask her what she expects and work from there. but since it is in your home, than you will be covering costs of food etc..and probably food for her as well. i would say maybe about $60-$80 a week is what i would offer a friend who was doing me a favor.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:29 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My 13 year old is a Red Cross certified babysitter (first aid, CPR, etc.). For two children she is paid $7 an hour.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 PM on May. 10, 2009

• It depends on your own earnings......I'd work it out. I'd say $25 a day is fair. Get things cleared up so there are no surprises.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:39 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I used to babysit my neighbors kids. I had 2 girls stay the night at my house almost every night and she gave me 100 a week. The girls were older 9 and 10 but its still a lot of work. if you give about 25 or 30 a day that should be good. I wouldn't take any more than that from you if i was a friend. That's why i only took 100 from my neighbor because that's all she was able to give me and i was fine with that even when i had them every night.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:40 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I pay my regular sitter $80 for 3 days and $100 for 4 days. from 8:30am-3pm. It'swhat we agreed on so I guess it's fair. Now when I have someone come over to keep the kids for an evening I pay $8 an hour with a min. of $20.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:15 PM on May. 10, 2009