Has this ever happened to you?

On Mothers Day has your EX ever pulled rank on you so that your own children can spend Mothers day with him and his SO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would be furious.
    Mothers Day doesnt have to be celebrated on the day though.
    I just celebrated my birthday a week late.
    Just go out with baby the next time you have her, take pics, and scrapbook or frame it labeled " Mommy and *babys name* celebrating mothers day"
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 7:32 PM on May. 10, 2009

• How is this accounted for in your agreement?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:33 PM on May. 10, 2009

• He said because the day is Sunday the holiday of Mothers Day shouldn't matter(Sundays & Mondays have always been his day with them). So I celebrated with them on Saturday when they were with me. Since the kids are 11 and 14 and this is the first time in 6 years he's ever pulled this, I did not want to cause an argument. I am sure it's because he is looking to marry his girlfriend of 3 years that he decided to have our kids celebrate the day with the two of them.
    Anonymous

• Do you have a visitation agreement? With my ex and I we have a visitation agreement that also lists the holidays. So on my birthday or mother's day, I have our son, regardless of which day it falls on. And he gets our son on his birthday and father's day. Regardless of which day that falls on. Then it's up to him if he wants the visitation those days or not.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:42 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Kick his @$$! Happy mothers day, things will work out, keep ur head up
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 7:43 PM on May. 10, 2009

• It happens in a lot of families. It is the way to get back at the other person. All you can do is be a mom every single day of the year and when the kids get older they will not have to rely on him to take them to you or call you on the phone. In the mean time celebrate Mother's Day the very next time you do see them. Say, "we could not be together on Mother's Day so lets celebrate now." Give them crayons and paper to make cards, give them money to go into the dollar store and surprise you....it really is about being with them. And have a special dinner, let them help cook. But don't sweat this. Your mom and he can't take that away. He can play "rank" if he wants but he can't grow a vagina and be mom.
    Anonymous