Hi , can anyone answer my question? I NEED HELP!

Hi, I need a little help. Well anyway, im a recent IVF user and im 5wks along and some say that its possible to find out the sex of your baby earlier than most, so is this true? Because id really like to know soon,thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've never heard that. I believe that it is true for everyone that you can't find out the babys sex until after a certain week. which I think is around 20 or so weeks. sometimes a little earlier. there is a certain week of gestation that the genitals develop and/or ascend.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:50 PM on May. 10, 2009

• As far as I know, they can't determine the sex til 17 weeks at the earliest, the parts are developed enough to tell for sure before then.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:51 PM on May. 10, 2009

• There is no way to be able to find out the sex of the baby sooner. It just depends on how quickly your baby developes. I do know that some people are able to find out at 13 or 14 wks but i wasnt able to find out till i was 20 wks or so.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:51 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I've never heard of that. The earliest you can really find out I believe is 16 weeks but the baby has to be really devloped. Chances are if it looks like a girl they'll have you come back at 20 weeks to verify.
    Anonymous

• they cant tell til 4 months....period..its no different for anyone
    Anonymous

• nope never heard of it. Contact an ultrasound lab and ask them

Answer by admckenzie at 8:48 PM on May. 10, 2009