How can I preserve a flower?

I got the most beautiful white rose it is picture perfect. what is the best way to preserve it?

livingangle

Asked by livingangle at 7:48 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

Level 1 (-24 Credits)
  • Go to a craft store, like JoAnn Fabrics or Michaels, they sell this spray that you can put on the flower that will basically "solidify" it as is and it will never die or wilt. I forget what it's called, you'd have to ask someone at the store.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:49 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Buy artificial flowers. Then when you get a perfect one its ALWAYS perfect :)
    Honestly, Im sorry I cant remember the way to preserve it.
    Take a picture though.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 7:50 PM on May. 10, 2009

• i had a thistle that i wanted to keep forever and all i did was put it in a folded piece of paper and stuck it in a book, so that it was flat!

then i opened it a few days later and sprayed glue on it so that it was nice n shiney and stayed like that.

ive had it for around 6 years now and its the same as when i got it
    ayrshire-lass

Answer by ayrshire-lass at 7:51 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I'm always finding smushed flowers in the pages of books that were my mothers in highschool. And she was in highschool in the 70's...they stay lookking pretty good. Just dried and smushed. I like the first persons suggestion.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:52 PM on May. 10, 2009

• You can wrap it in aluminum foil, but it will wilt and be brittle afer a while.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 7:52 PM on May. 10, 2009

• There is a product you can buy at Michael's, that uses silica crystals (those little packets that come with new shoes that "you're not to eat!" LOL to dry out and "freeze dry" the flower as is! You simply bury the flower in the tray of crystals and I forget if you leave it there for a while or microwave it for a few seconds, but it works GREAT! I used it to preserve a small bouquet from my wedding bouquet....10 years late, still perfect and as colorful as my big day! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:05 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I like the spray Idea from the Diva320 if you want it to stay perfect...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:52 PM on May. 10, 2009