How does/did your baby crawl?

It seems odd how my daughter crawls. What weird things have your children done as "crawling"?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 7:52 PM on May. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• my daughter started crawling backwards. it took her two weeks to figure out she could go forward.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:54 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Crawling is not a developmental milestone; many babies never crawl.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:01 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My son is just starting. At first it was a wiggle. Then it was like an army crawl. And now he is getting his butt up of the ground but still has his hands together and uses them as one instead of one in front of the other. It is actually quite cute I should go get it on camera.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 8:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• backwards, then fast as heck and he is always going somewhere now. Oh he thinks that plopping down on his tummy is the funniest thing ever.
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 10:01 PM on May. 10, 2009

• my daughter didnt really crawl, she rolled..as if she was rolling down a hill, but she went from room to room..and she started this at about 5 months..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:33 PM on May. 10, 2009

• All of them were different. The funniest stage was when they started "walkeling" -- our pet name for it -- a cross between walking and crawling where feet and hands are on the ground and but is in the air -- so delightful any way they get around. My kids all crawled for the longest times, and walked later -- between 16 1/2 and 18 months. I had another friend who's daughter totally skipped the crawling and walked at 9 months. Yikes!
    JeccaBelle

Answer by JeccaBelle at 1:58 AM on May. 11, 2009

• It's so funny when my son crawls it's almost like he was a little hop or prance to it. At one point he would crawl side ways, that only lasted a few months. thought.
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 3:41 AM on May. 11, 2009

• Crawling IS a developmental milestone, "rkoloms", and a very important one, too. When children crawl, the old fashioned crawl, and make the cross motion with their arms and legs, they make very important connections in the brain between the right and left part of the brain. These connections are crucial for later in life for various things, one example being reading. Yes, not all children crawl, but they should.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 6:32 PM on May. 11, 2009