how long after your water break do you go in to labor

motherlove779

Asked by motherlove779 at 8:10 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm not sure, but my doc told me when it breaks to go straight to the hospital b/c it leaves you and baby open to infection if you don't go into labor soon enough, that way they can monitor you and the baby and make sure things are going ok.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My water broke at 3 pm one day, and didn't start contracting until hours later after they put me on a pretty high dose of pitocin. I think it's probably different for everyone.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:13 PM on May. 10, 2009

• when your water breaks you are in labor. =] most women are in labor before their water breaks. my mother was in labor for about 9 hours before her water broke with me.
    brodysmama09

Answer by brodysmama09 at 8:16 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I was in labor for atleast 8-12 hours before the doctor broke my water and I was in labor for another 12 hours after before an emergency c-section. It is different for each woman.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:17 PM on May. 10, 2009

• i was already in labor. I was in labor for 4 hours before it broke. I gave birth about an hour after.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 8:19 PM on May. 10, 2009

• when your water breaks you are in labor..but you might not feel contractions for awhile...
    Anonymous