I wanna kill my inlaws!!!!!!!!!

So last year my car broke down and after it was fixed my Dfs car died and we didnt have the money to fix it so we made it work wiht mine. Well the other day my FIl called for info about the car because he wanted to help us out with getting it fixed (i thought so i could possibly have a car every now and then) so i told him to talk to DF and work it out well he just called me (never talked to DF i asked) and said someone is coming to pick the car up tomorrow for an estimate! I was so excited because finally ill have my own car and thats when FIL dropped a bomb on me he said he wants to get DFs car fixed so my SIL can drive it to and from work everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!! i seriously hate them im so over having them in my life and i dont know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• wow i dont know what to say...except is the car in your name? if so then he cant take it if you dont want him to...sounds like something my inlaws would do =[
    brodysmama09

Answer by brodysmama09 at 8:19 PM on May. 10, 2009

• If you already hate them then you should have no problem telling them how you feel and hell no to taking the car. Let them have a piece of your mind.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:27 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I totally agree with heavenlypeace! If its your car, don't let him take it!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 8:33 PM on May. 10, 2009

• if the cars in their name not much you can do. if it is in yours or your fiances name i'd tell them to kiss my butt
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:34 PM on May. 10, 2009

• If they own the vehicle you can't fix it and someone else needs it to get to and from work I think you should reevaluate your motivation for the hate. If you own the vehicle then tell you FIL if he touches the car you will call the police and report attempted theft.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:48 PM on May. 10, 2009

• If it is your fiance's father's car, then he has the say as to who uses it. But it would still be courteous to ask your fiance about it or at least tell him his intentions. If your fiance's father owns the car and just decided to hand it over to someone else without telling your fiance, then that isn't polite. The car shouldn't just sit around, it is bad for all the engine parts and the tires. If your fiance's father doesn't own the car, then he can't just give it to somebody else. I wonder if he discussed this with your fiance who forgot to tell you that they had discussed it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:09 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Why dont you just tell him that they can buy it for her, for whatever its says its worth on Kelley blue book website, have you said anything to your fiance about any of this? He needs to tell them that she cannot just "borrow" the car they can either buy it or nothing if they ask why tell them that it needs to be fixed so that your DF can take his OWN car to work so that you are able to have a car for transportation for yourself and your child
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 9:49 PM on May. 10, 2009

• If it's df's car and he agreed with his dad that his sister could use it then not much you can say about it. You don't have to put up with any of them since they are really not in laws - yet you want to marry into a family like that? You might want to rethink that!
    Anonymous

• First you're complaining that he is going to have to drive her. Now you're complaining that she wants to use her brothers car. After your fil pays to have it fixed. That's his family. And it sounds like he is a very good brother. Stop being selfish and be proud that he cares for his family that way.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:24 AM on May. 11, 2009