back pain or is it labor?

okay ladies, i know its motherday and im not trying to take up all your time but last night i had some bubble gutts which i didnt have not once throughout the whole pregnancy and just a few minutes ago i started getting stab like pain in my lower back. could this be the beginning of labor?
i will call my gyn in a little bit if it continues. its my first baby and im not sure how to reconize labor.
thanks in advance

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 8:20 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i was pregnant i was always scared i was in labor, and everyone told me that when i was in labor i would DEFINATLY know it...i never believed them until i was in labor. labor pains hurt SO bad that you will a] think youre in labor, or b] think you are dying lol. if the pains are very bad then it could be labor. if they come in waves and are coming stronger and closer together, then its probably labor. but if not, then its probably just your body getting ready for labor, wich could take weeks. happy mothers day and congrats
    brodysmama09

Answer by brodysmama09 at 8:26 PM on May. 10, 2009

• if they come and go kind apattern like...and becomes 5-7 minutes apart then its labor.
    Anonymous

• well im only 33 weeks pregnant and i have back pains all the time my obgyn says its not labor, she says you are in labor when you are cramping real bad, contractions last a long time, and back pain really bad. but like brodysmama09 said it does feel like your about to die.
    miss.chi

Answer by miss.chi at 8:33 PM on May. 10, 2009

• lol thanks.. so i guess we re just getting ready for labor because i dont have pain or contractions besides the sharp stabs in the back. happy mothers day to you guys too
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 8:47 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Im 35 weeks and have bad back aches as well all the time or bad cramping. Never both but always one or the other, I believe it is our body preparing us for labor :) This is my first as well and am nervous I wont know the signs of labor, but as everyone has told me, you will know :) Good Luck to you!
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 9:39 PM on May. 10, 2009