egg drop soup

how do you make it? is it just water, and then you break eggs into it, and mix it and cook them?

A friend made it for me a loooong time ago, and I really want to know how to make it.

Thanks :) ----- I can't find two recipes that are the same online, so thats why I am asking here

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Anonymous

• I make it with a good clear chicken broth and bring it to a simmer. crack an egg into it and stir with a fork. this will make the threads. If you like it thick like in the chinese restaurants then mix 1 tsp of corn starch with water and add to the soup and stir untill thick. You can also add cubed silken tofu and sliced scallions...easy and tasty
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 8:36 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Chicken broth and probably some other seasonings, then beat the egg with a fork and drizzle it into the boiling broth as you stir the broth rapidly.

Answer by Bmat at 8:36 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Egg Drop Soup
    4 cups vegetable broth or stock
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    1 -2 green onions, minced
    1/4 teaspoon white pepper
    Salt to taste
    A few drops of sesame oil
    In a wok or saucepan, bring the 4 cups of broth to a boil. Add the white pepper and salt, and the
    sesame oil if using. Cook for about another minute. Very slowly pour in the eggs in a steady stream. To make shreds, stir the egg rapidly in a clockwise direction for one minute. To make thin streams or ribbons, gently stir the eggs in a clockwise direction until they form. Garnish with green onion and serve. Variations: These would all be added after the seasonings. After adding, let the soup cook for a few more minutes and then add the beaten egg.1 teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons of water. Stir until thickened. 1/2 cup frozen peas. If you are preparing the soup for someone who is ill, try adding a slice of fresh, grated ginger.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 PM on May. 10, 2009

• I get the mix in the asian section of the grocery store, Sunluck makes one , and you just add water then the drop in the egg after awhile and stir in on edirection for about a min.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:52 PM on May. 10, 2009