Swelling feet

Besides putting my feet up, what else can I do? My feet and ankles have been swelling up really bad and putting them up doesnt seem to help (unless I can have them up for several hours at a time).

Would soaking them in epsom salt work?

Michele_Lynn

Asked by Michele_Lynn at 9:02 PM on May. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should take a warm bath...it will take some of the pressure of your feet and ankles///if it gets worse you should call your doctor because theres some medical condition involved with pregnancy and swelling of feet and ankles..but its probably nothing serious so dont get worried I dont wanna freak you out or anything..but taking a warm bath should for sure help
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 9:11 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Or have someone rub them that helps me
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 9:19 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My feet were so swollen I had to go buy bigger tennis shoes for work and at home I went barefoot. Putting my feet up also helped but only if i could do it for a long time. Soaking my feet only made them swell more for some reason. But maybe it will work for you. Try that website webmd.com and ask about it. Good luck.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:30 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Soak them in some water with bath salts...rubbing is always good too :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 9:44 PM on May. 10, 2009

• WALK in a pool for about 15-30 mins. This worked miracles for me, since rubbing just hurt. It was really the only thing that helped.
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 9:53 PM on May. 10, 2009

• Drink plenty of water.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 10:07 PM on May. 10, 2009

• My doc told me that support pantey hose will keep the fluid from setteling in your legs and feet. I know it sounds weird but it works. It can also help with circulation if you have been getting leg cramps. And sitting it the tub will also help pluss give you time to relax and take some time for yourself
    Anonymous